The Ubuntu Media Centre Team have decided to use Elisa as their core infrastructure to push the free software media centre effort forward. Elisa is a open source cross-platform media centre, designed to be as simple to use as possible. The software is in its early days and so is still quite basic in terms of features found in other media centre solutions. However, the project is gaining momentum and is improving rapidly. Here's a list of some of its features.
Here's some screenshots of it in action.
Here's some planned features to make Elisa a fully fledged media centre solution.
Update: A new version is available, Elisa 0.33 includes some of the following additions:
- Important improvements of mouse support in the interface
- Playback from DAAP shares support (iTunes, Rhythmbox, etc.)
- New YouTube plugin
- Coloured and synchronised visualisation when playing music
- Faster startup and more efficient memory usage
- Better detection of media thanks to GStreamer
- Simple playlist support